- The science behind why we build how we do
- Making the next generation of building designers better able to meet growing demands for performance
- Connecting research results and best practices to applications for practicing professionals
- Building performance (durability, energy efficiency, health, sustainability, comfort) as a function of use, climate regions, etc.
- Heat air and moisture transport within/through building materials and systems and the resulting problems of freeze-thaw, corrosion, rot, mould, dissolution, etc. Modelling, and testing of same.
- New, high-performance, low-energy and sustainable building products, materials, and systems.